This sweet and savoury side dish is loaded with flavour and is “colour perfect” for Christmas lunch or dinner.
- 1 large butternut, peeled and chopped into bite size cubes
- A hearty drizzle of olive oil
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder, to taste
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2-3 tbsp. honey [or extra, to taste]
- ¼ cup finely crumbled feta
- Ground cinnamon, to taste
- Fresh or dried parsley, to garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Lightly drizzle a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Add cubed squash to the sheet along with another drizzle of olive oil.
- Sprinkle with a light layer of salt, pepper, and garlic powder, based on taste preference.
- Roast for 25 minutes on the centre rack.
- At the 25 minute mark, pull out the oven rack, and add your fresh cranberries to the roasting pan.
- Return to the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cranberries have started to soften and burst a bit, resembling really juicy raisins vs fresh firm cranberries.
- Remove from oven and add a sprinkle of cinnamon along with feta and honey, sweeten to taste and garnish with parsley for a burst of colour.