It is always so rewarding to find a recipe that calls for ingredients from your very own vegetable garden! Cabbage, the in-season veggie for September and October, can be used in a variety of different dishes, but chances are that you have never tried to roast it before! Try this delicious recipe of garlic roasted cauliflower and cabbage – you won’t look back. Not only is it a great side to any of your favourite lean meats, it is hearty enough to serve as a stand-alone meal.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 small cabbage
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic sliced thin or crushed
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Wash cabbage and cauliflower well and remove outer leaves.
- Roughly chop cauliflower and cabbage into bite-sized pieces.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil
- Spread half of olive oil over foil and place cabbage, cauliflower and garlic slices across baking sheet.
- Drizzle the top with remaining olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Mix together and spread out in single layer over baking sheet.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 12 minutes.
- Stir vegetables, or use a spatula, to turn vegetables over to allow the other side to roast for another 10 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy.