Beetroot, naartjie and pumpkin seed salad.
Public holidays in South Africa mean braai time. This Easter, wow your family with this deliciously glam salad. It is fresh, healthy and delightfully colourful. You might even find some of these ingredients in your own herb or vegetable garden.
- 60ml pure olive oil
- 45ml white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. chopped thyme
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 dash salt
- 5 small beetroots, scrubbed clean and cut into wedges
- 4 naartjies, segmented
- 2 discs feta, crumbled
- 120g baby spinach leaves
- 60ml pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1 cup onion sprouts
- Preheat your oven to 180’C
- Mix olive oil, vinegar, chilli and seasoning together.
- Toss through beetroot and roast for 30 minutes or until cooked through and slightly charred.
- Toss naartjie segments, feta, spinach, pumpkin seeds and onion sprouts together.
- Arrange on a platter, add cooled beetroot, season and serve.
To spice things up a bit, you can also add thinly sliced biltong or shredded chicken to the salad.
Recipe taken from www.picknpay.co.za